Application Requirements and Benefits
Applications responding to the Challenge can be made through the Challenge website at www.healthequityinnovationchallenge.com, which details eligibility requirements, Terms and Conditions, and the criteria for selecting companies to enter the Health Equity Accelerator and Incubator program.
The Challenge’s entry period during which to submit an application with your proposed solution to the Sponsor’s problem statement begins at 9:00 AM EDT on January 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59 PM EDT on March 31, 2023 (“Application Period”).
Up to ten (10) Finalist applicants will be invited to Pitch on April 29, 2023 to receive the following benefits and developmental support:
- Acceptance into a 12-week accelerator program with resources needed to rapidly advance the development of the solution product or service, achieve market fit, and find traction as a scalable enterprise.
- An 18-month residency at the Cabarrus Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship following the accelerator and the support of the Venture Mentor Service program.
- Access to research, subject matter expertise, customer and investor introductions by the sponsor and collaborating organizations
- A $5,000 Spark Grant in the form of non-dilutive funding
- The opportunity to negotiate with the Sponsor for investment or other form of strategic partnership.
- An average of $50,000 in investment from the New Ventures investment vehicle
- Introduction to additional investors for follow-on funding